KAAP KOFFIE: NOT A COFFEE BUSINESS.
Shall we skip the blabla barista show off about the best coffee in town? Great! We have bigger fish to fry.
Every day the Dutch consume 5 million cups of coffee. The billion-dollar industry behind our daily cup is deliberately underpaying local farmers. On top of that they use heavy polluting oil fuel container ships to cross the ocean. Not a happy story. Maybe we should look away and order another espresso.
Maybe we shouldn’t.
Kaap Koffie is a plea for change. A manifest rather than a cup of coffee. A happy story in the making.
- Realistic buying price
- Cooperation of female Colombian farmers
- Transport by sailing ship (100% powered by the wind)
- Emission free distribution
- Biodegradable/bulk packaging
- Zero waste (re-use of coffee grits)